Surprise success: Straight No Chaser's viral video brings group back together 8 years later

I've read a million of these and I still learn new things.  I don't think I ever realized that the original MAC concert was recorded on Betamax! And I also never realized that it was Mrs. Kallman who first showed the "12 Days" video to her husband. #ThankYouMrsKallman

I, for one, can't wait to have an SNC album of all or mostly original material. These guys are SO good!

**********
By Doug Pullen
El Paso Times
March 30, 2012
Mechling, a new dad, said they do have some writers in the group. But an album of original material probably is far in the future.
"When you're compiling an album of covers of some of the greatest songs written in the last 50 years, any original that makes it on there has to hold up," he said. "We're choosy about those recorded songs."
Read more: http://www.elpasotimes.com/entertainment/ci_20284505/straight-no-chasers-viral-video-brings-group-back

No comments:

Post a Comment