Former Straight No Chaser singer goes solo

Don't panic! This article is from 2005. At the time, Ryan was formerly IU SNC and had decided to continue with music by going solo. Later on he got the call to join the Atlantic Records SNC. So technically Ryan has been in IU SNC, then with some other groups, then solo, and now he's with the professional SNC. Make sense? Cool.

The referenced solo album, I Can See Forever, was released May 7, 2006 and the MP3 is still available for purchase. I highly recommend it - it's fantastic! We also get to hear the Mrs. on one track, but I won't spoil it for you. You can't buy the physical CD anymore, so if you find one, grab it!

Also, his personal website is now www.ryansongs.com.

**********

Local artist uses a capella, bar band experience
By Allison Richie
Indiana Daily Student
November 17, 2005
"I people watch," (Ryan) said. "My lyrics come from everyday conversations and me wondering what other people are thinking … I'm always talking into my phone recorder and writing phrases down.

"When a listener can take one of my songs and make it their own, that's what I want to achieve."
Read more: http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=44380











Amazon.com

iTunes

Ryan Ahlwardt: I Can See Forever
CD Baby








No comments:

Post a Comment